The Patron Drive is our team's biggest fundraiser, bringing in up to $15,000 every year. You can see a list of our past patrons here. All of the documentation that we use to create our student packets is posted here. The students have a set of directions and hints in their packets, as well as a patron letter, a sponsorship form, and a Team 1511 pamphlet that they leave with each patron.
These are just a few ideas that have been brainstormed over the years if you are looking for one to organize!
- Donation Jars at Demonstrations & around town
- BBQ Chicken Sales
- Garage Sales/Tag Sales
- Bottle and Can Drive
- Silent Auction/Raffle
- Sell concessions at local Rochester semi-pro games
- Pay to drive the robot at demos
- Shovel Driveways/Rake Leaves (Yardwork/Odd Jobs/clean garages/etc.)
- Sell Rolling Thunder Paraphanelia (bracelets, license plate frames, magnetic bumper stickers, shirts)
- Do a Kids Fair (dunking booth, etc.)
- Pizza/Candy Sales after school
- Individual Sell Candy
- Uno's Night
- Moe's Fundraiser
- Patron Book
- Video Game tournament
- Flower Sale
Check out our forum thread here for more ideas!